Join Our Team as a Part Time Artist Services Manager
ABOUT YOUNG AUDIENCES
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students in the region engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. Last year, YA presented over 3,750 programs to 447,738 students and teachers in 736 schools throughout NJ and Eastern PA. YA works with professional teaching artists who provide children, their teachers, and their families with four core educational services: hands-on workshops and residencies, live performance, teacher professional development, and family and community events.
Position: Artist Services Manager
Hours: Part Time
Young Audiences is currently hiring the part time position of Artist Services Manager responsible for maintaining a roster of teaching artists that represent all artistic disciplines and offer performances, hands-on workshops and residencies for students PreK-12 and professional development for teachers during the school day. This position requires collaboration with YA staff and teaching artists regularly. The Artist Services Manager must have knowledge of arts education—both how the arts are currently integrated in schools and how teaching artists complement school programming and improve learning. Candidate must have an abiding belief and passionate commitment to the value and need for arts education in all children’s lives. The ideal candidate has a rich arts background and the ability to successfully support teaching artists to shape programming to be engaging and educational for children. The ideal candidate is curious and interested in all art forms and maintains a personal connection to the arts in their everyday life.
- In collaboration with education and programming staff, identify programmatic and artistic needs of the roster and work to fulfill those needs by managing artist recruitment, auditioning, orientation and monitoring of teaching artists and performance groups in the field
- Negotiate and contract with teaching artists on an annual basis
- Work to continually align programming with educational priorities, artistic and cultural diversity and organizational best practices
- Support YA artist community through communications and events
- Assist with marketing efforts, including the coordination of annual showcases of YA’s performing artists
- Compile, write and edit content for marketing materials
- BA in the performing arts, arts education or related field with 5 years of experience in an arts education and/or performing arts setting
- Experience in the performing arts in one or more of the following capacities: directing; coaching performers; or script development
- Working knowledge of current arts education initiatives and aspects of the educational landscape as a whole
- Ability to communicate effectively and connect with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working with urban and suburban school communities
- Flexibility to respond to the demands of the day while remaining focused on overall vision and long-range goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop project budget and deliver programming within budget, and within stated timelines
- This is a 20-hr per week salaried position; salary commensurate with experience.
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA. Occasional travel into NYC may be required.
- Young Audiences values diversity, equity and inclusion in all ways.
- This position is based in Princeton, NJ with the ability to work remotely as needed.
- Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer.