Join Our Team as an Arts Education Program Associate!
ABOUT YOUNG AUDIENCES
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students in the region have the opportunity to engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. Last year, YA presented over 3,750 programs to 447,738 students and teachers in 736 schools throughout NJ and Eastern PA. YA works with professional teaching artists who provide children, their teachers, and their families with four core educational services: hands-on workshops and residencies, live performances, teacher professional development, and family and community events.
Position: Arts Education Program Associate
Hours: Full Time
Available: October 2016
Young Audiences is currently hiring the full-time position of Arts Education Program Associate responsible for artist services and managing programming primarily in the Eastern Pennsylvania region. This position requires skills in collaboration and multi-tasking as the role interfaces with YA staff, school contacts, program partners and teaching artists regularly. The Arts Education Program Associate must have knowledge of arts education—both how the arts are currently integrated in schools and how professional artists complement school programming and improve learning. This position requires the ability to form positive and supportive working relationships with principals, teachers, supervisors and parent cultural arts representatives and teaching artists. Candidate must have an abiding belief and passionate commitment to the value and need for arts education in all children’s lives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with programming staff, identify programmatic and artistic needs of the roster and work to fulfill those needs by managing artist recruitment, auditioning, contracting, orientation and monitoring of teaching artists and performance groups
- Work to continually align programming with educational priorities, artistic and cultural diversity and organizational best practices
- Support YA artist community through communications and events
- Assist with marketing efforts, including the coordination of annual showcases of YA’s performing artists
Eastern Pennsylvania Management
- Develop and manage contracts and partnerships with Pennsylvania schools and partner organizations including the School District of Philadelphia, schools in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and schools in the Eastern PA region
- Facilitate artist residencies and programs in schools throughout YA’s service region with artists of various disciplines in diverse schools, including identifying appropriate teaching artists, conducting planning with school contacts, monitoring programs in progress and supporting all parties so that students’ arts experiences are strong and meaningful
- Collaborate with Development staff to provide timely program reporting and data as needed
- Develop and monitor project budgets, assuring that program goals are met within budgetary guidelines
- BA in arts education, education or related field with 5 years of experience in an arts education and/or performing arts setting
- Working knowledge of current arts education initiatives and aspects of the educational landscape as a whole
- Ability to communicate effectively and connect with individuals from a variety of backgroundsAn innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working with urban and suburban school communities; experience working with schools in the Eastern PA region preferred
- Flexibility to respond to the demands of the day while remaining focused on overall vision and long-range goals
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Constant Contact and Salesforce is strongly desired
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop project budget and deliver programming within budget, and within stated timelines
- A car and driver’s license and the ability to travel to schools within our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits including health, life and disability insurance; 401(k) and vacation when eligible
- This position is based in Princeton, NJ with the ability to work remotely as needed
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Michele Russo, President & CEO by email to: YANJEPAssociate@yanjep.org with the subject line: Arts Education Associate by September 16, 2016. No phone calls please.