Join the YA Team as our Finance Director
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern PA
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students in the region have the opportunity to engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. Last year, YA presented programs to over 360,000 students and teachers in over 500 schools throughout NJ and Eastern PA.
Young Audiences values and embraces diversity in all ways. We strive to remove the barriers to arts participation. Our goal is to reach every child in our region with the arts, through the work of our team of staff, teaching artists, trustees and volunteers. For more information about Young Audiences www.yanjep.org.
Position: Finance Director
Hours: 32 hours/week; eligible for benefits
Application Deadline: June 8
Start Date: July 16
The Finance Director of Young Audiences of New Jersey is responsible for supervising and directing all financial aspects of the organization. The Finance Director reports to the President & CEO, and works closely with the Treasurer.
The ideal candidate maintains accuracy and precision in financial management, budget development and budget tracking. The ideal candidate has a minimum of five-years of experience in non-profit finance, and remains informed on tax codes, employment regulations and other issues which affect the business.
The ideal candidate isproactive and enjoys working in a collaborative manner with a lively and committed team of colleagues. A track record of a high degree of accountability and autonomy is essential. The ability to forecast, develop long-range budgets and to strategize for changes in business practices and growth are essential.
The ideal candidate will explore the uses of technology to automate systems and processes in a cost-effective and efficient manner, such as employee expense reimbursement, mobile deposits and/or Salesforce/Quickbooks integration.
Responsibilities of the Finance Director include:
Budgeting and Financial Analysis (40%):
- Prepare and report on annual operating budget.
- Monitor financial status of all projects through quarterly budget meetings with program staff.
- Update budgets and provide variance analyses for Board of Trustees and Finance Committee monthly.
- Provide financial information for grant proposals and interim/final reports.
- Complete monthly closings; reconcile accounts; monitor cash flow.
- Monitor performance of organization’s endowment; report to board quarterly.
Accounts Receivable/Payable and Banking (25%):
- Process all receivables and payables, in collaboration with development and programming staff, ensuring that expenses are within budget and approved.
- Manage checking, credit card and line of credit accounts.
- Process staff payroll and artist payroll, (2x/month) using ADP Payroll Services and
- Annually prepare 1099 forms for all independent contractors using QuickBooks.
Human Resources (10%):
- Administer staff medical, life and long-term disability insurances and 401(k) plan.
- Maintain Employee Handbook; provide and process paperwork for new employees.
- Monitor general liability, umbrella, directors and officers, crime bond and worker compensation insurance policies. File claims as necessary.
- Meet and correspond with brokers and agents to determine best policies for renewals and any issues that may arise.
- Monitor staff timesheets & process employee expense reimbursements.
Annual Audit (5%):
- Prepare all schedules for the annual independent audit of NJ and PA.
- Prepare all necessary information for NJ and PA 990 Forms.
- Serve as liaison to auditors and prepare additional information as requested.
- Write audit report.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in non-profit financial management.
- General accounting, financial analysis and audit experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks and the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ADP, and with administering employee benefits.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Salary range is in the low $60s. Position is exempt, eligible for medical benefits and 401(k) including employer match. Young Audiences offers a flexible work environment and generous paid time off.
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Michele Russo, President & CEO of YA, by email to: email@example.com with the subject line: Finance Director. No phone calls please. Deadline for applications is June 8 and the anticipated start date is July 16.