Your School Can Win up to $8,000 for STEAM Programming!
Application Deadline: November 18, 2016 at 3pm
NRG Energy, Inc. and Young Audiences have partnered together again to bring you the NEW NRG Creatively STEAM Scholarships. This year, thanks to the continued support of NRG Energy Young Audiences will award NRG Creatively STEAM Scholarships to six schools in Mercer County, New Jersey. Winning Schools will experience yearlong arts education programming rooted in STEAM.
STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
Once awarded, each school’s year of programming will be planned collaboratively with YA staff and the school’s teachers and administrators. Program offerings will be customized to meet a school’s STEAM goals. Programs are presented by professional teaching artists and are conducted at the school and include performance, workshop, and teacher professional development.
What STEAM Scholarship Schools Receive
- Guidance and support from Young Audiences staff to assess your school and student needs and develop a customized plan for YA’s STEAM programs.
- Based on your plan, YA will schedule professional artist to come to your school and provide a series of experiences that can include:
- Performances for the entire school population
- Hands-on arts residency work for students, and
- Professional development for teachers to integrate arts into STEM learning in the classroom
- Assistance in creating a community event that shares student work and celebrates your school’s commitment to STEAM education as an essential part of learning.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible a school must be:
- A public or charter school
- Located in Mercer County
- Serving PreK, elementary, and/or middle school students
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and evaluated on:
- Eligibility requirements listed above
- Interest in supporting STEAM initiatives
- Commitment to bringing quality arts integrated programs to students, teachers and community
- Ability and willingness to schedule programs within the 2016-2017 school year
- Ability to contribute resources to the program (in-kind, cash, supplies)
- The Project Coordinator listed on the application will receive an email within 48 hours to confirm receipt of your application.
- Winning applicants will be notified via phone or email by December 1, 2016; winning schools will be listed on Young Audience’s website.
- Planning with Young Audiences’ staff will begin in December 2016.
Questions about the NRG Creatively STEAM Scholarships?
Contact Jacqueline Knox at 866-500-9265 or at email@example.com